Plan for Facilities, Amenities and Programming for the Rest of May
Tennis Courts, Outdoor Basketball Court to Reopen; Know Your W's
As we head into the governor's Phase 1 of the reopening of the state, we wanted to update you on the Garner Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department's plan for the rest of the month.
Here is a listing of program and event cancellations for the rest of May due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the governor's executive order for Phase 1:
- All facility, shelter and park rentals are cancelled.
- All youth, adult and senior classes and programs are cancelled.
- All special events for May--namely, Friday Family Flicks and Memorial Day--are cancelled.
The following facilities and amenities will remain closed or not available to the public:
- Playgrounds and water fountains
- Recreation centers, the Garner Senior Center, White Deer Park Nature Center, Lake Benson Boathouse and Garner Performing Arts Center
- Parks, trails, greenways and restrooms
- Picnic shelters for individual use; no rentals
- Dog parks
- Athletic fields for individual use only; no team use or rentals
- Bank fishing
- Senior Meals on Wheels Tuesday weekly Pick-Up and Go
Park amenities that will reopen during Phase 1:
- All tennis courts and the outdoor basketball court at Jackie Johns Sr. Park. These should be open by approximately 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 9.
While you should still stay home as much as possible, if you do go out, know your W's: Wear. Wait. Wash.
- Wear a face covering.
- Wait 6 feet apart from other people.
- Wash your hands often.